Lessons On the Web
Prepositions: by and until
Insert by or until to complete the sentences below.
1. I didn't know about the new system _____ today. I just got an email message about it.
2. If the applicants don't get
their documentation in _____ the close of business today, we won't
accept their applications.
3. All of the guests had left _____ midnight.
4. Most people didn't leave _____ 11:30.
5. We don't want to make a
decision about the fall schedule _____ we find out when the local
6. We should know about that ______ the end of the week.
7. I'm very lazy. I don't get to the office _____ about 10:30 each morning.
8. My coworkers are all there _____ 8:30 and sometimes I'm embarrassed by that.
9. I make up for my lateness by staying at the office _____ around 8 or 9 p.m.
10. I always get home _____
9:30 so that I can have dinner with my wife.